NHdocs: The New Haven Documentary Film Festival 2023 – Call for Entries!
Submit Your Documentary Now: https://filmfreeway.com/NHdocs
Discovering Talent. Sharing Stories. Bridging Communities.
Mission & Objective:
NHdocs invites documentary filmmakers from all over to share their unique perspectives and stories. As we nurture emerging talent and showcase seasoned professionals, we celebrate documentaries that resonate and make a difference.
About the Festival:
Set in the culturally rich environment of Connecticut, NHdocs is a platform where documentaries from local and global narratives get the spotlight they deserve. For Connecticut’s rising stars, an all-day event on Saturday, October 14th promises a deep dive into the dynamic world of filmmaking. And with all our venues, including the New Haven Free Public Library, Cafe 9, Bow-Tie Criterion Cinemas, and more just a short walk apart, attending couldn’t be easier.
Origins of NHdocs:
NHdocs began as a dream in 2014 by four New Haven filmmakers who were inspired in Missoula, Montana. They envisioned a Connecticut-based festival that celebrated the documentary medium while fostering community connections. That vision is now NHdocs.
Awards & Recognitions:
- Golden Slice Award: Celebrating outstanding documentaries in both feature and short categories, with accolades spanning from editing to cinematography.
- NHdocs Student Competition 2023: Open to students from CT, RI, MA, VT, NH, ME, and NY. Exciting prizes include gear, cash rewards, and certificates.
- The Connecticut Vegan Student Filmmaker Challenge 2023: In collaboration with the Connecticut Vegan Center, we invite vegan student filmmakers to spotlight the vegan lifestyle. Winners can anticipate cash prizes and exclusive screening opportunities.
Note: Eligible films should be completed after January 2022. Preference will be given to Connecticut premieres.
NHdocs Student Film Competition 2023:
As we mark the 10th anniversary of the NHdocs STUDENT FILM COMPETITION, we invite entries across three categories: Best college, high/middle school, and VEGAN short student films. Deadline for submission is September 12, 2023.
Stay Connected & Updated:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NHdocs/
- Instagram: @NHdocs
- Twitter: @NHdocs
- Official Website: www.NHdocs.org
Monthly Documentary Screening Alert:
Join us for the screening of “Do You Remember Kim’s Video?” A critically acclaimed documentary about New York City’s iconic video store.
Date: Friday, August 4th
Venue: Best Video Film & Cultural Center, 1842 Whitney Ave., Hamden
- Doors Open: 6 pm
- Film Starts: 7 pm
- Q&A with Directors David Redmon & Ashley Sabin: 8:45 pm
Leading up to #NHdocs2023, catch our Monthly Documentary Series on the first Friday of every month at Best Video Film & Cultural Center.