Testimonials, Webinar, Shane Stanley, StudentFilmmakers.com, iFootage
Thank You to Our Education Sponsor
iFootage is an international collective of passionate media professionals driven by a shared love for image creation and innovative design. Based in various locations around the world, we take pride in crafting award-winning camera support equipment. Our products, born from UK design and meticulously engineered, are used globally to enhance the art of visual storytelling. We aim to solve everyday problems on set, how big or small they may be, through quality manufacturing providing the best user experience. Making great tripods, monopods, magic arms, heavy duty camera bags, and recently, innovative and accurate lighting equipment.
Wrap-Up of “Directing High-Energy Scenes”
Led by Multi-Emmy® Award-Winning
Filmmaker Shane Stanley
Produced and Hosted by StudentFilmmakers.com
The “Directing High-Energy Scenes” webinar, held on December 8, 2023, was led by multi-Emmy® Award-winning filmmaker Shane Stanley. This online event, hosted by StudentFilmmakers.com and conducted via Zoom, offered an in-depth look into the art of directing action-packed scenes in film.
Shane Stanley, renowned for his dynamic filmmaking style, shared his expertise in several critical areas:
- Planning and choreographing high-energy scenes.
- Techniques for capturing dynamic shots that engage the audience.
- Strategies for beginners to effectively direct action scenes.
- Advanced tips for experienced filmmakers to enhance the thrill and impact of their scenes.
The webinar was particularly insightful for those interested in the specific challenges and techniques involved in directing action sequences. Shane’s approach to explaining the intricacies of planning, choreography, and execution of such scenes provided a comprehensive understanding for attendees at all skill levels.
Reviews and Testimonials from Webinar Attendees:
- Love Shane’s emphasis on SAFETY FIRST on film sets, especially the importance of rehearsing and over preparing for action scenes. I appreciated his tip on gun safety…about NOT having any weapons that are capable of firing a live round on or near a film set (that airsoft and plastic weapons can suffice…and gun shots can be done in CGI). Shane always has the best real-life anecdotes and stories to illustrate his points, and I love his practical real-world advice.
- It was amazing to learn more about the technicalities and the thought process that goes around making a film. Also, the ways that Stanley advocates for the safety of his actors, above all when it comes to action and car scenes.
- Shane’s webinars are always good! This one, on action sequences, was highly informative. It is something I know very little about. My understanding made a huge leap. Thank you, and THANK YOU to Kim, Jody, and Maura!
- Just wanted to give a shoutout for the webinar with Shane—it’s been a game-changer. His filmmaking passion is like a shot of creative adrenaline, and the high-energy scene insights are gold. Practical, real, and already making waves in my work. Thanks for keeping it reel! Thank you StudentFilmmakers.com, Jody, Maura, and Kim!
- Phenomenal seminar. Very rich in information and enthusiasm. Shane is very, very generous with his descriptive information, and you really feel that you are sharing the directorial mind and viewpoint communally. Very inclusive!
- Shane’s knowledge is vast and his enthusiasm for sharing it is inspiring to all who listen. I so appreciate his time and willingness to help move myself and others forward with wisdom. Thank you!
- A Most Informative Session. Thank You Shane for Sharing Your Experience and Wisdom.
- Great very informative seminar! Thank you to Shane and all involved.
- As always, the event horizon expands. Information of great value. Fun people. Cool people. The inside brought out.
- Shane has fantastic energy and is always inspiring!
- Shane is awesome!
- Great use of the time, good speaker and good balance of content with Q&A.
- Full of good information, well explained. Thanks!
- Shane is always great!
- So much great info from professionals in the business!
- I give this webinar a 10/10. I like Shane’s emphasis on safety and, as always, he was chock full of information! I’m speaking for Steve Blanton too; he was in another room and thought it was great.
- Really insightful discussion!
- Great seminar!
- I just always appreciate and value Shane’s breadth of knowledge. It’s so valuable.
- Excellent! Thanks so much! You make learning easy and pleasant!
Feedback from the participants was overwhelmingly positive. Many appreciated Shane’s practical approach and his ability to break down complex concepts into understandable and actionable advice. The interactive Q&A session was a highlight, offering personalized insights and solutions to specific challenges faced by the attendees in their filmmaking endeavors.
Overall, the “Directing High-Energy Scenes” webinar provided a valuable learning experience for filmmakers seeking to master the art of directing action sequences. The expertise shared by Shane Stanley was not only informative but also inspiring for those looking to elevate their skills in creating engaging and dynamic cinematic experiences. We extend our gratitude to Shane and all the participants for contributing to the success of this enlightening event.
About Our Speaker, Instructor and Mentor
Shane Stanley is a multi-Emmy® Award-winning filmmaker and best-selling author who grew up in/around “the biz” in Hollywood. Along with his father, Lee Stanley, Shane produced The Desperate Passage Series which was nominated for 33 individual Emmy® Awards, winning 13 statues. Two specials from the series went on to become successful feature films including Gridiron Gang, the #1 box office hit starring Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson which Shane executive produced. Additionally, Shane has overseen and produced dozens of big-budget motion pictures which have starred Marlon Brando, Mira Sorvino, Thomas Hayden Church, Donald Sutherland, Marisa Tomei, Sean Penn, John Travolta, Charlie Sheen, and many others.
Shane made his directorial debut with a film he also wrote which was invited to screen at Cannes the following year and has directed countless television commercials and music videos, including two that went #1 on VH1’s Top 20 Video Countdown.
Other directing credits include the romantic-comedy, Mistrust, starring two-time Golden Globe® winner Jane Seymour, and the action-thriller, Night Train, which recently premiered on HULU and reached #1 on the platform, remaining in the top spot for an astonishing four weeks. Currently, Shane is in post-production on Six Days in Evergreen, a music-drama starring Yellowstone’s Dawn Olivieri and Penelope Ann Miller.
His book, “What You Don’t Learn in Film School,” a best-seller was listed by CNN, FORBES, and BOOK AUTHORITY among the Best Filmmaking Books of All-Time, which covers independent filmmaking from concept to delivery. It has landed on required reading lists at several universities around the world and is endorsed by some of the most respected names in Hollywood.